How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
- House January 6 Committee Has All White House Records Trump Tried to BlockThe House committee investigating the January 6 attack on the Capitol received more than 700 pages from the National Archives that former President Trump tried to block the panel from getting. Democratic Rep. Stephanie Murphy is a member of the committee. She joins AC360 to discuss what they’re hoping to learn from the documents and says “we have more work to do.”
Plus, the FBI revealed today that before taking his own life, Brian Laundrie wrote in a notebook he was responsible for the death...Show more of his fiancé Gabby Petito. The notebook was discovered near Laundrie’s remains back in October 2021. CNN National Correspondent Randi Kaye tells Anderson Cooper how the families are reacting to the FBI’s findings.Jan 21, 2022
- Georgia DA Requests Special Grand Jury to Probe Trump’s Election InterferenceA district attorney in Georgia who is investigating former President Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election has requested a special grand jury to gather evidence and compel witnesses to testify. Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis wrote that her office has “received information indicating a reasonable probability that the State of Georgia's administration of elections in 2020, including the State's election of President of the United States, was subject to possible criminal disrup...Show moretions.” Former federal prosecutor Jeffrey Toobin joins AC360 to discuss what this could mean for the former President.
Plus, the committee investigating the January 6 attack on the Capitol has asked former President Trump’s daughter and then-senior White House adviser Ivanka Trump for her “voluntary cooperation.” CNN’s Chief Domestic Correspondent Jim Acosta covered the Trump White House. He tells Anderson Cooper what he thinks the committee could learn by talking to the former President’s daughter.Jan 21, 2022
- President Biden Defends First Year Record in News Conference Marking His First Year in OfficePresident Biden held a news conference to mark his first year in office and touted his administration’s vaccination efforts but admitted it’s been “a year of challenges.” The President acknowledged that the current voting rights legislation likely won’t pass but said “we’ve not run out of options yet and we’ll see how this moves.” Democratic Sen. Amy Klobuchar tells Anderson Cooper the bill is “needed right now with all of the suppression laws that are being passed across the country that will g...Show morereatly hurt voters and make it hard for them to vote.”
Plus, the Supreme Court cleared the way for the House committee investigating the January 6 attack on the Capitol to get Trump White House records that could shed light on the attempt to overturn the election. CNN’s Chief Legal Analyst Jeffrey Toobin joins AC360 to discuss the court’s decision and says “it’s an extraordinary rebuke of the former President.”Jan 19, 2022
- Eric Trump’s Phone Records Subpoenaed by January 6 CommitteeSources tell CNN the House committee investigating the January 6 attack on the Capitol have subpoenaed and obtained phone records associated with Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr.’s fiancé Kimberly Guilfoyle. Both Eric Trump and Guilfoyle spoke at the rally that preceded the riot. Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe joins AC360 to discuss what the committee could learn from the phone records.
Plus, Ukraine has warned that Russia has “almost completed” its build-up of forces near the borde...Show morer, escalating fears that Moscow could launch an invasion at any time. Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy just got back from Kyiv where he and a bipartisan delegation met with Ukraine’s president. He tells Anderson Cooper it’s “incredibly important” that we make Russia understand that while there aren’t U.S brigades on the ground fighting Russian soldiers, “there is continued U.S. assistance.”Jan 18, 2022
- FBI Investigating the Texas Hostage Standoff as a “Terrorism-Related Incident"Four people, including the rabbi of a Colleyville, Texas synagogue, were taken hostage by a man who was later killed by the FBI after all the hostages were released. The FBI said it’s investigating the incident as “a terrorism-related matter, in which the Jewish community was targeted.” The FBI and Department of Homeland Security are warning that faith-based communities “will likely continue” to be targets of violence. Michael Finfer is the President of Congregation Beth Israel. He joins AC360 t...Show moreo discuss how he was able to help the FBI with information during the hostage standoff.
Plus, on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, his family put pressure on Congress to pass voting rights legislation and said lawmakers who truly honor the late civil rights leader must stand on the right side of history. Democratic Rep. Hakeem Jeffries tells Anderson Cooper the voting rights bill isn’t dead and “we have to continue to press forward in the spirit and our of reverence and respect for the life and legacy of Dr. King.”Jan 17, 2022
- Tennis Star Novak Djokovic Detained in Australia Ahead of Visa HearingNovak Djokovic was detained by Australian border authorities after his visa was revoked for a second time because he hasn’t been vaccinated against Covid-19. The tennis star is accused of providing false information on his Australian visa declaration, specifically that he hadn’t traveled in the 14 days before his arrival in the country. Former professional tennis player James Blake tells Anderson Cooper if Djokovic is allowed to stay in the country and compete in the Australian Open, how all thi...Show mores controversy could affect his game both physically and mentally.
Plus, the founder of the Oath Keepers made his first appearance in court on seditious conspiracy charges. CNN’s Senior Investigative Correspondent Drew Griffin gives AC360 an in-depth look at Stewart Rhodes and his history of promoting the “big lie.”Jan 14, 2022
- Oath Keeper Leader and 10 Others Charged with “Seditious Conspiracy” Related to the January 6 AttackThe Justice Department brought seditious conspiracy charges against 11 defendants, including the leader of the Oath Keepers related to the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. Juliette Kayyem is a former assistant secretary at the Department of Homeland Security and a CNN National Security Analyst. She tells Anderson Cooper why the indictment is a “good news story.”
Plus, the House committee investigating the January 6 riot issued four subpoenas to giant social media companies after they pro...Show morevided “inadequate responses” to the initial voluntary request for documents and information. Democratic Rep. Jamie Raskin is a member of the committee. He joins AC360 to discuss the new subpoenas and says they’re interested in finding out “what exactly took place and what America needs to do to fortify our institutions” against another nightmare like the insurrection.Jan 13, 2022
- January 6 Committee Wants to Ask McCarthy About Trump’s State of Mind During and After RiotThe House committee investigating the January 6 attack on the Capitol wants Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy to voluntarily provide information to the panel. The committee is seeking details about former President Donald Trump’s state of mind during the attack and in the weeks after. Norm Eisen was counsel to House Democrats during Trump’s first impeachment and is a former White House Ethics Czar under President Obama. He tells Anderson Cooper there’s “plenty for the committee to learn” from McCar...Show morethy but “whether he cooperates is another question.”
Plus, the CDC is expected to update its mask advice as many experts warn Americans should be wearing N95 and KN95 masks instead of cloth masks. Independent Sen. Bernie Sanders joins AC360 to discuss what he’s proposing in his new mask legislation.Jan 12, 2022
- Biden on Voting Rights: “I’m Tired of Being Quiet”President Joe Biden delivered a forceful speech in Atlanta turning up the heat on senators to pass voting rights bills that have stalled in Congress saying “I’m tired of being quiet.” The President said he supports changing the Senate rules and eliminating the filibuster to get the voting rights legislation passed. Democratic Rep. James Clyburn joins AC360 to discuss Biden’s decision to make passing voting rights the next priority.
Plus, Dr. Anthony Fauci hit back at Republican Sen. Rand Paul...Show more about the consequences of Covid-19 misinformation and said the Senator’s claims “kindles the crazies” and has led to direct threats against him and his family. Dr. Fauci tells Anderson Cooper that Sen. Paul is “making me polarized by saying things about me that are completely untrue.”Jan 11, 2022
- Trump's Potential Liability for Capitol Riot Faces Major Test in CourtA federal judge in Washington, DC is questioning whether former President Trump is immune from liability relating to his supporters attacking the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021. The judge brought up the two hours that the former President failed to speak up asking people to stop the violence saying "what do I do about the fact the President didn't denounce the conduct immediately?" Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell along with a group of House Democrats and Capitol Police officers were the ones who ...Show morefiled the three different lawsuits against the former President. The Congressman joins AC360 to discuss the judge's comments and says the purpose of pursuing the lawsuits is "accountability."
Plus, a judge in Melbourne, Australia ruled that tennis star Novak Djokovic should be released from detention and the government's cancellation of his visa be overruled after it was revoked last week when authorities said he didn't qualify for a Covid-19 vaccine medical exemption. James Blake is a former professional tennis player. He tells Anderson Cooper how the ordeal affects the sport of tennis.Jan 10, 2022