How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
- Biden Dares GOP To Sue Over Vaccine Rules: "Have at it"Biden dares GOP to sue over Vaccine rules: "Have at it; "Tyrant," " Authoritarian" "Rotting bag of oatmeal", Biden new vaccine rules trigger right-wing outrage; GOP Governors slam Biden over new vaccine rules even as their states have some form of vaccine mandate for schools; CDC: Unvaccinated 11 times more likely to die from COVID;Sep 11, 2021
- Biden Targets Unvaccinated With New Covid RulesPresident Joe Biden targets unvaccinated people with new covid rules saying, "we've been patient, but our patience is wearing thin... your refusal has cost all of us."
Biden rips governors who are trying to "undermine" covid fight. Biden also targets businesses with more than 100 workers, federal workers, head start programs and health care staff. Businesses with more than 100 workers will face fines if they don't ensure that staffers are vaccinated or tested weekly. Biden mandates vaccinatio...Show morens for federal workers with no testing option. Biden's dramatic new vaccine rules could cover 100 million Americans.
The United States is "in a tough stretch and it could last for awhile," said Biden. Dr. Antony Fauci says that the United States needs to decline to 10,000 daily cases, as the United States has daily cases of 150,000.
Los Angeles schools mandate vaccines for students 12 and over.
Trump supporters says she doesn't "agree" with Facebook fact checks. Trump supporter repeatedly put in "Facebook jail" for misinformation and wears it as a badge of honor. She calls face checks "baloney."
The Department of Justice sues Texas over new abortion law and calls it "unconstitutional." The supreme court will take up abortion rights case from Mississippi next term after failing to act on Texas law.Sep 10, 2021
- Capitol Police Warn Of Uptick In Violent Rhetoric Ahead Of RallyThe Capitol police are warning of an uptick in violent rhetoric ahead of the upcoming September 18 D.C. "Justice for Ashli Babbitt" rally intended to show support for the jailed insurrectionists. Capitol police says rhetoric includes White supremacy imagery, Proud Boys leader is pushing turnout. Capitol police brace of potential violence at rally for rioters.
The rally organizer, an ex-Trump campaign operative calls rioters "political prisoners."
Minnesota governor pleads to protect kids...Show more by having them wear a mask, he says, "you wouldn't let them run across the street without looking." A Florida judge rules against Florida Gov. Desantis and allows mask mandates in school.
According to the White House, President Joe Biden is to talk about vaccine requirements and how to make "it safer for kids to go to school" in upcoming speech. BIden will also talk about covid testing in upcoming speech. According to CNN, Biden still has not gotten the covid vaccine booster.
Covid vaccine skepticism is high in resistant Ozarks community. People "act like covid is a big joke," says a vaccinated woman who lives in rural Ozarks community where the vaccination rate is at 27 percent.
Vaccine Skeptic believes officials kept the covid vaccine from Trump because he'd be reelected.Sep 9, 2021
- Biden Tours Storm-Ravaged Northeast Area, Describes As Code RedPresident Joe Biden tours the storm-ravaged New Jersey and New York area and says "this is code red." Biden warns that weather disasters that are plaguing the United States will only get worse. "The nation and the world are in peril," said Biden. Biden calls the Hurricane Ida storm damage an "eye-opener" as he touts his economic agenda. Manchin pushes for a "strategic pause" on the $3.5 trillion plan.
The Hurricane Ida death toll is now at 20 in Louisiana, with an additional 52 dead and four...Show more missing in the Northeast.
13 Miami-Dade school staffers died of covid within weeks of eatheother. The Florida governor is appealing the ruling against his mask mandate ban. According to the teachers union, all were unvaccinated and African American.
Former pastor's plea, "do not bring God" into vaccine refusal.
Texas Gov. Abbott signs voting restrictions bill into law, one of the strictest voting bills on the heels of one of the strictest abortion laws in the country. The law bans 24-hour and drive-thru voting and empowers poll watchers.
Abbott defends the abortion law and pledges to "eliminate all rapists."
Trump allies are all but certain that former President Donald Trump will announce his run for 2024.Sep 8, 2021
- United States Tops 40 Million COVID Cases; Deaths up 25% From A Month AgoUnited States tops 40 million COVID cases; deaths up 25% from A month ago; United States COVID cases up 850 % since start of summer season Biden in June touted a "summer of freedom and "joy"; At least 1,000 schools in 31 states have reportedly closed since start of school ear due to COVID; White house criticized over booster shot confusion: "need clear guidance"Sep 7, 2021
- President Biden Tours Hurricane Damage In LouisianaBiden pledges to help communities in storm-ravaged Louisiana. At least 800,000 are still without power amid scorching heat. Death toll rises to 50 from historic flooding across the Northeast. August jobs report worries economist as Biden juggles multiple crises.Sep 3, 2021
- At Least 45 Killed, Some Without Power After Historic FloodingRescues are currently underway. However, some areas are without power, while other areas are still under water. The death toll rises to 45 people after historic flooding pounds the Northeast, including 23 in New Jersey. A tornado completely or partially destroyed 25 homes in New Jersey homes.
New Jersey governor describes area nearly leveled by tornado as "devastating" after a survey.
Louisiana has reported 4 nursing home deaths after being evacuated. More than 900,000 are still without ...Show morepower in Louisiana and gas is in short supply in the state.
The Supreme Court allows Texas' 6-week abortion law to take effect. President Joe Biden rips Scotus for allowing the Texas abortion law to take effect.
A judge has ruled against Florida's governor's ban on mask mandates in schools. A rage-filled mask debate in schools get physical as the United States averages nearly 170,000 new covid cases a day. Teachers and officials are being attacked for trying to enforce mask mandates.
Dr. Fauci points to studies on the booster shot, says "boost is so dramatic."
Democrats flood airwaves and spend twice as much as GOP on California recall.
15 marines that were wounded in Kabul attack are now being treated at Walter Reed.Sep 3, 2021
- White House Review of Afghanistan Chaos Likely to Intensify Blame GameTaliban flaunt American-made armored vehicles, new weapons. Rep. Mo Brooks compares Jan. 6 panel to being “Gestapo, KGB-like”. McCarthy claims companies that comply with Jan. 6 panel’s records requests will be in violation of federal law. Tornado causes damage in MD; watches for Philly, NYC. Biden to visit Louisiana; nearly 1M customers without power. Joe Rogan says he has Covid, taking livestock drug despite warnings. Washington Post: GOP Rep. threatened a U.S. ambassador, embassy staff over at...Show moretempt to travel to Afghanistan. Fire closes in on Lake Tahoe; official: coming hours “critical”.Sep 2, 2021
- Biden to Terrorists: “We’ll Hunt You Down to the Ends of the Earth”Biden: Afghanistan decision was “between leaving and escalating”. Biden: U.S. will continue to support Afghans through “diplomacy”. Nearly 14,000refugees at air base in Germany awaiting travel. 1+ million customers without power could take weeks to restore as residents will now face scorching heat. Acting FDA chief admits “these are difficult times” after two top vaccine officials leave agency. Freshman GOP Rep. talks of “bloodshed” over future elections. GOP candidate Elder could be biggest thr...Show moreeat to Gov. Newsom.Sep 1, 2021
- U.S. Military Departs Afghanistan, Ending Longest U.S. WarPresident Biden will address the nation tomorrow as the U.S. ends operations in Afghanistan, leaving behind a war that left nearly 2,400 Americans dead and 20,000+ wounded over a 20 year period. Hurricane death toll rises as 1.1 million are without power. Louisiana governor expects death toll will "go up considerably" in the coming days.Aug 31, 2021