How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
- Trump continues to cast doubt on mail-in voting, teases possible election "dispute"Accusing the Democrats of "playing games," Trump cites tossed Pennsylvania ballots in an attempt to undermine election. Officials say 9 ballots (out of millions) discarded in "error". White House Chief of Staff attacks Trump's handpicked FBI Director for saying there's been no "coordinated national voter fraud effort".
In Louisville, protestors take to the streets for the third night over lack of charges in the Breonna Taylor case.
In COVID-19 news, Trump has lost patience with CDC Direc...Show moretor as sober warnings contradict Trump's rosy messaging. And in a war of words, Trump accuses Governor Cuomo of wanting to put New York at the end of vaccine list after Cuomo questions the politicization of vaccine.
According to a source, President Trump has made his pick for the Supreme Court nomination and top election officials in Pennsylvania warn of voting technicalities as swing states, like Pennsylvania, see a surge in mail-in ballot requests.
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 26, 2020
- Trump Casts Doubt on Election Results for Second Time in 24 HoursTrump supporter: Before Trump, nobody knew about mail-in “cheating”. Trump intensifies attacks on election: “not sure” it can be honest. FBI chief: Not seen evidence of national voter fraud by mail. Trump supporters: if Trump loses, it will be a rigged election. Louisville braces for second night of protests after no officers charged directly with death of Breonna Taylor. Protesters face off with apparent armed vigilantes in Louisville. Trump, FBI Chief at odds over scale of foreign election med...Show moredling. Trump holds rally with few masks, little social distancing as CDC projects up to 226K coronavirus deaths by October 17th as data shows new case counts are rising in 21 states. HHS & FDA Chiefs vow science, not politics, will guide vaccine approval after Trump threatens to override new guidance. New York Gov., Michigan Gov. call for congressional probe into Trump’s “politicization” of coronavirus. Gov. Cuomo: “I’m not going to trust the federal government’s opinion” on vaccine, New York will perform its own review. Louisville mayor extends curfew through the weekend. Trump booed as he pays respects to Ginsburg at court. Sen. Susan Collins faces toughest reelection yet. Maine’s Sen. Collins fights to keep seat as vote to back Trump’s previous SCOTUS pick may come back to haunt her. Maine Voter: I never would vote for Collins after Kavanaugh vote.
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 25, 2020
- Protests Underway Across the Country After Ruling in Breonna Taylor CaseA 9pm curfew is about to go into effect in Louisville Kentucky amid protests. No officers directly charged with Breonna Taylor’s death. Protesters take to the streets after one officer is charged in Breonna Taylor case, but not for her death. Kentucky Attorney General: Officers “justified” in use of force despite firing 32 shots. Trump refuses to commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses election. Repeats baseless claim of fraudulent mail-in voting. Trump says he may overrule FDA on vacci...Show morene guidelines. Trump claims the FDA has politicized vaccine approval despite politicizing vaccine, and the Coronavirus himself. Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci have repeatedly been absent from Trump’s briefings. Controversial Dr. Scott Atlas at Present Trump’s side instead. Source says Dr. Birx believes new doctor on task force is feeding President Trump misleading information about efficacy of masks. Sources: Dr. Birx has told people she is “distressed” with task force’s direction, describes Covid response as nightmarish. Dr. Fauci clashes with Sen. Rand Paul during Coronavirus hearing: “I challenge that senator”. Amy Coney Barrett warned in 2016 of Supreme Court appointments that could “dramatically flip the balance of power”.
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 24, 2020
- Trump blames China as U.S. surpasses 200,000 coronavirus deathsSpeaking for the first time since the U.S. topped 200,000 deaths, President Trump continues to blame China for the U.S. coronavirus death toll, going on to say that the toll would be higher if not for his response.
According to the Washington Post, the FDA plans to announce more rigorous standards for a coronavirus vaccine.
Potential pick to replace Justice Ginsburg, Amy Coney Barrett, was back at the White House for a second day.
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy info...Show morermation.Sep 22, 2020
- Trump Gives Himself "An A+" For His "On The Job" Pandemic PerformanceThe United States deaths is about to reach 200,000 as Trump gives himself "an A+" for his "on the job" pandemic performance. The Trump earlier said, "We've done a phenomenal job." United States has 4 percent of the world's population, but 21 percent of coronavirus deaths.
Trump supporters boo Ohio republican for encouraging them to wear masks.
The CDC suddenly reverses guidelines that said covid can spread through "small particles, such as those in aerosols." The CDC reverses itself and ...Show moresays that new language on how covid spread was added in "error" amid concerns about political pressure.
The Trump administration and the Department of Justice names New York City, Seattle and Portland as "anarchy" cities and jurisdictions and threatens to cut funding; swing-state cities have not been named.
The GOP discusses two options for timing of SCOTUS conformation vote, as Trump says he "much rather have a vote before the election."
CNN reports that Trump met with candidate Judge Amy Coney Barrett at the White House today and says that Judge Barbara Lagoa is "excellent" and was seen as "very impressive."
Campaign door knocking takes on a new meaning, amid the Pandemic, in Nevada as the state surpasses 1,5000 coronavirus deaths.
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 22, 2020
- Trump holds rally in Minnesota; Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87President Trump holds crowded campaign event in Bemidji, Minnesota; very few masks were worn. At odds with his own CDC Chief's timeline, President Trump now claims "every American" will have access to a vaccine by April. After a years long battle with pancreatic cancer, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died at the age of 87. See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 19, 2020
- Justice Department Doubles Down on Possible Sedition Charges for Violent ProtestorsFormer WH Aide says Trump didn’t want to hear about rising Covid cases or deaths. His “Biggest Concern” was reelection. Biden vows aggressive campaign schedule; says he takes nothing for granted in call with senate dems. Former WH Aide: Trump said maybe “Covid is a good thing” because he doesn’t have to shake hands with “disgusting people”. Trump holds crowded event with no social distancing, few masks all despite telling Woodward virus is “so easily transmissible” as U.S. nears 200,000 deaths. ...Show moreFormer WH Aide on coronavirus: “It was shocking to see the President saying that the virus was a hoax”. Trump holds crowded Wisconsin event as the state sets daily record for Covid-19 cases. Trump blames blue states for virus death toll. Michigan officials admit ballot misprint, reject Trump’s claim of illegal behavior. CNN will host a town hall with Joe Biden tonight; audience attends drive-in due to coronavirus. Trump stokes culture wars in speech announcing commission to “promote patriotic education”. 59 Western wildfires burn nearly 6 million acres; Trump blames poor management, not climate change. Hurricanes leave states flooded. Federal judge stops USPS changes that slowed mail delivery. Federal judge blocks postal service changes, blasts ‘Politically motivated" attack by Trump administration. Sheriff: very promising leads in ambush shooting of deputies; rewards for info rises to $640,000 as manhunt intensifies.
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 18, 2020
- Trump contradicts CDC Chief, claims Redfield is “confused” on masksTrump blames blue states for high virus death toll. Trump again teases health care plan yet offers no details. Trump claims CDC Chief’s comments to congress on vaccine timeline and masks being more effective than vaccines were wrong. Trump says masks are “not more effective” than a vaccine while CDC Chief Robert Redfield says masks are “more guaranteed” to protect than a vaccine. CDC official says Redfield is “a convenient punching bag” for Trump. Trump confirms another White House staffer has t...Show moreested positive for coronavirus. Trump says CDC Chief made a “mistake” for saying today that a vaccine won’t be widely available in U.S. for up to a year from now. Trump answers question about how Americans can trust him when he’s contradicting the CDC chief by replying “Because of the great job we’ve done”. Trump says U.S. would look much better “if you took the blue states out” for Covid deaths. Redfield says there is “clear scientific evidence” masks work; while Trump continues to hold rallies with few masks. Minnesota governor asks Trump campaign to abide by state’s mask order at upcoming rally. Trump shares manipulated video of Biden with anti-police anthem. Internal Astrazeneca document obtained by CNN reveals vaccine trial participants serious symptoms.
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 17, 2020
- Trump, "I Didn't Downplay Coronavirus"; Trump On Tape, "I Wanted To Always Play It Down"Trump said tonight about coronavirus that, "I didn't downplay coronavirus... I actually, in many ways, I up-played it." Trump said on tape prior to tonight, "I wanted to always play it down."
Hurricane Sally is hours away from making landfall on the Gulf Coast. The Gulf Coast is bracing for extreme flooding as conditions deteriorate. More than 18,000 customers are without power in three states. Hurricane Sally is the third hurricane this season for the region.
At least 36 people are dead...Show more in the west coast wildfires. Western wildfires have burned more than 4.7 million acres, which is more land than six Rhode Islands. Nearly 90 wildfires burn in the western United States as Trump deflects on whether he believes in climate change. Firefighters are battling at least 87 wildfires in 11 states.
Dramatic video moments after ambush, shows deputy helping her partner after she was shot herself. The ambush shooting on two deputies comes amid rising tensions between law enforcement and the Los Angeles community.
Biden heads to Florida amid struggles with Hispanic voters. Polls show Biden losing ground to Trump with Hispanic voters, says the case against Trump is an "easy one." Head of major Hispanic group reportedly calls Biden outreach "lackluster."
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 16, 2020
- Trump Hosts Packed Event with Few Masks, No Social Distancing; Trump to Woodward: "Nothing More Could Have Been Done"President Trump is moving forward with his rallies. He held his second indoor event in two days in Phoenix, Arizona on Monday. People packed the event, few wore masks and there was no social distancing except for the President himself.
This comes as Trump's final phone call with legendary journalist Bob Woodward comes to light. CNN obtained excerpts of the 10-minute conversation, which shows Trump told Woodward, "nothing more could have been done," in regard to the coronavirus.
Officials ...Show morewithin The White House Administration have been altering the CDC's weekly science reports, according to sources. A federal official told CNN, the Trump administration alters the CDC's weekly science reports so they don't undermine Trump and are consistent with Trump's message on the virus.
The manhunt is intensifying for the gunman who ambushed two Los Angeles County sheriff deputies. Both deputies remain in the hospital. They are expected to survive.
Nearly 90 large wildfires are burning throughout the western United States. Trump visited California Monday to be briefed on the fires. He laughed about the science of climate change. So far, California wildfires have burned an area almost the size of Connecticut.
Hurricane Sally is intensifying into a category 2 storm. The Gulf Coast is now bracing for possible landfall within 24 hours.
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.Sep 15, 2020