How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
Each weekday, John King and his panel of well-sourced reporters bring you the most important political stories of the day. On the weekend, Abby Phillip kicks off CNN's Sunday morning political programming with Inside Politics Sunday. John and Abby get answers from the people making headlines, explain the political that stories matter, and report on how the news will impact you.
- Sunday September 26: A Democratic showdown on Capitol HillDemocrats are split as they head into a critical week on Capitol Hill: moderates and progressives can't agree on the scope or price tag of the reconciliation bill that addresses everything from climate change to paid family leave. And progressives say they'll vote down the bipartisan infrastructure bill until the reconciliation bill gets a vote. Meanwhile, the country is barreling towards a government shutdown at the end of the month.
Plus, a sham election audit led by Republicans in Arizona'...Show mores largest county once again confirmed President Biden's victory. So why are some Republicans calling for similar audits in other states?
And the White House faces bipartisan outrage at chaos on the Southern border.
On today's panel: CNN's Jeremy Diamond, Julie Hirschfeld Davis of the New York Times, Politico's Burgess Everett, Seung Min Kim of the Washington Post, CNN's Pricilla Alvarez, CNN Medical Analyst Dr. Jonathan Reiner.Sep 26, 2021
- Death Blow Dealt To Trump's Election Fraud FantasyThe company Republicans paid $6 million to find 2020 election fraud in Arizona, has found no evidence. The draft report from Cyber Ninjas, shows President Biden received 99 more votes than Maricopa County had initially reported, while Trump received 261 fewer votes.
The January 6 White House Committee has subpoenaed four of Trump's closest advisers. Investigators seek information on what was known by Trump and his team about the plan leading up to the insurrection and the attempts to overturn...Show more the results of the 2020 Presidential election.
New CDC guidelines recommend the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine booster shot for adults aged 65 and older, adults in long-term care, any adult with underlying health conditions and workers whose jobs might put them at a higher risk of Covid infection.Sep 24, 2021
- Veteran Diplomat Resigns Over Mistreatment Of Haitian MigrantsThe Special Envoy to Haiti has resigned in anger following the mistreatment of Haitian migrants by U.S. Border Patrol Agents, when crossing into Del Rio, Texas from Mexico, calling the ‘Title 42 Policy’ used to send people back to Haiti 'counterproductive and inhumane'.
The White House, House of Representatives and Senate have reached agreement on a framework that will pay for any final negotiated agreement on Biden’s massive spending package. Specifics on any tax hikes the Democrats have agr...Show moreeed to support and an agreement on the final price tag are still up for debate.
A CDC group meets today to determine who gets Covid-19 vaccine booster shots first and when, but definition is still needed on what ‘high-risk’ conditions means across the American population.Sep 23, 2021
- Biden Goes All Out To Save AgendaPressure mounts, as the Government runs out of money in October and will shut down if there is not a debt ceiling. With giant differences among Democrats on their first year spending plan, President Biden will spend today meeting with key progressive and moderate members of his party to strike a way forward.
Old feuds continue as George W. Bush organizes a re-election fundraiser for Liz Cheney in Wyoming, while Trump backs a Cheney challenger who questioned the 2020 election results. Cheney i...Show mores also now the co-chair of the committee investigating the January 6th insurrection, including Trump's role in the attack.
2,000 Americans are dying of Covid-19 each day, but new cases are leveling off. Is the delta surge finally giving way or is more pain around the corner?Sep 22, 2021
- Leaked Memo Shows Trump Wanted Pence To Overturn ElectionA memo from a Trump lawyer titled ‘January 6 Scenario’ outlines six steps to have the then Vice President Mike Pence throw chaos into the electoral college certification process and find a way to ignore the 2020 election results. Part of the memo outlines a scenario in which the Republicans could have invalidated votes from several States including Pennsylvania, ensuring Biden wouldn't have had the 270 minimum threshold required.
The Biden agenda hangs by a thread. A government shutdown looms...Show more, as just nine days remain until current funding runs out. Progressive and moderate Democrats are trying to address their big divide over the $3.5 trillion price tag and the policies it pays for, after failing to strike a bipartisan deal on a stopgap funding bill.
676,286 Americans have now been killed by Covid-19, more than the 1918 Flu pandemic.Sep 21, 2021
- 28 Million Children Eligible For Vaccination By HalloweenPfizer releases trial results it says, show its Covid vaccine is safe and highly effective in children ages 5 to 11. Subject to emergency authorization from the FDA, 28 million children could be eligible for vaccination by Halloween. 25% of parents say they will not vaccinate their children.
The Governor of Texas requests an emergency declaration at the U.S.-Mexico border as 12,000 migrants now live underneath the Del Rio National Bridge, hoping to be processed. CNN‘s Priscilla Alvarez joins ...Show moreto discuss the situation which sees many living in makeshift tents trying to shield themselves from the brutal Texas sun.
The White House announces it will lift Covid travel restrictions and allow fully vaccinated international visitors into the United States starting in November.Sep 20, 2021
- Sunday, September 19: Eight months out of office, Trump still dominates Republican partySunday, September 19: Eight months out of office, Trump still dominates Republican party
Former President Trump's hold on the Republican party remains strong as Rep. Anthony Gonzalez retires and Rep. Adam Kinzinger calls on fellow Republicans to denounce Trump's divisive rhetoric, saying "The time for hiding is over, the stakes are too high."
Plus, Democrats are coming up against their self-imposed deadline for passing President Biden’s $3.5 trillion spending package. Can the progressive ...Show moreand moderate wings of the party come together to push it over the finish line?
On today's panel: Rachael Bade of Politico, Jonathan Martin of The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal's Sabrina Siddiqui and Margaret Talev of Axios.
Sep 19, 2021
- National Guard Mobilized To Defend CapitolThe Department of Homeland security issues an alert, warning of possible violence in Washington as early as today, in relation to this Saturday’s Far-Right Rally by supporters of Donald Trump and those who stormed the Capitol on January 6. The Department of Defense has approved 100 members of the National Guard to serve as a quick reaction force.
Mike Pence inches closer to a possible 2024 Presidential candidate run. With Trump viewing him as a traitor, what are his chances of succeeding? 63%...Show more of Republican leaning voters want Trump leading the GOP.
An FDA committee is debating Covid booster shots. The White House wants a green light. But is that guided by science or by politics? An FDA adviser publicly blasts the Biden Administration over rushing the booster approval process.Sep 17, 2021
- Do We Need Booster Shots?Do we need Covid-19 vaccine booster shots? New data suggests yes as a key FDA panel meets tomorrow. The hope is they will prevent asymptomatic carriers in the vaccinated population, but the FDA needs to be clear on its message on who needs boosters, and when, amid growing public confusion.
The fencing around the Capitol returns as law enforcement officials worry about a violent repeat of the January 6 insurrection at a right-wing rally this coming Saturday. 77% of Republicans believe that Bid...Show moreen did not win the 2020 election legitimately, with 54% of this group believing there is solid evidence of voter fraud where none has been found.
Five senior Senators, four of them Republicans are to decide if they will seek re-election. Their retirements could reshape the Senate.Sep 16, 2021
- Inside Politics Podcast Update For Wednesday, 15 SeptemberThere is no new episode of the Inside Politics showcast today due to CNN's continuing coverage of the U.S. gymnasts testifying on the FBI's handling of Larry Nassar's sexual abuse case.Sep 15, 2021