How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
State of the Union with Jake Tapper
Hosted by CNN's Jake Tapper, State of the Union features interviews with top newsmakers on politics and policy - covering Washington, the country and the world.
- Interview with Biden medical adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci; Interview with Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves; Interview with House Democratic Whip Rep. James ClyburnFirst, Jake asks top Biden medical adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci about an FDA panel’s decision to recommend limiting booster shots to high-risk groups and people over the age of 65. Next, Jake presses Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves on what he’s doing to reverse his state’s worst-in-the-nation Covid death rate. Finally, Jake talks to House Democratic Whip Rep. James Clyburn about his party’s efforts to pass both the bipartisan infrastructure bill and the reconciliation package by the end of the month. ...Show moreSep 19, 2021
- Interview with US Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy; Interview with Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia; Interview with Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont; Interview with former National Security Adviser Condoleezza RiceFirst, Dana presses US Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy on President Joe Biden’s sweeping new vaccine mandates. Then, Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia tells Dana about his problems with the current negotiations for a $3.5 trillion reconciliation package. Next, Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont lays out his plan to get the sweeping Biden agenda through a narrowly-divided Congress. Finally, former National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice tells Dana how she remembers 9/11 after 20 years.Sep 12, 2021
- Presenting Total Recall: California's Political CircusYou probably remember that Arnold Schwarzenegger was elected Governor of California. But do you remember how it all happened? The blackouts, the budget and of course, the car tax! CNN’s Chief Political Correspondent, Dana Bash, takes you back to the origins of the 2003 California Recall and talks with Schwarzenegger and the man he beat, Gray Davis to learn why this election became such a circus.
If you like what you hear, go to https://www.cnn.com/audio/podcasts/total-recall and follow Total ...Show moreRecall: California's Political Circus, wherever you listen to podcasts.Sep 11, 2021
- Interview with White House Chief of Staff Ron Klain; Interview with Democratic Sen. Amy Klobuchar; Interview with Republican Rep. Adam KinzingerFirst, Dana presses White House Chief of Staff Ron Klain on plans to offer vaccine booster shots to all Americans later this month. Next, Dana talks to Democratic Sen. Amy Klobuchar about the Supreme Court’s decision to allow Texas’ near-total abortion ban to stand. Finally, Dana asks Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger about Republican efforts to obstruct the House January 6 Committee probe.Sep 5, 2021
- Interview with National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan; Interview with Republican Sen. Mitt Romney; Interview with Democratic Rep. Seth Moulton and Republican Rep. Peter Meijer; Interview with Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards; Interview with Chief Biden Medical Adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci; Interview with Democratic Sen. Chris Muphy; Interview with former Afghan Ambassador to the US Roya Rahmani and human rights activist Yasmeen HassanA special two-hour State of the Union. First, Jake presses National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan on the security situation in Kabul as the US closes in on its deadline to leave Afghanistan. Then, Republican Sen. Mitt Romney tells Jake that both the Trump and Biden administrations bear responsibility for the chaos in Afghanistan. Next, Democratic Rep. Seth Moulton and Republican Rep. Peter Meijer join Jake to discuss what they saw on the ground during their secret trip to Kabul. After that, Jak...Show moree honors the memory of the 13 US service members killed in the terror attack in Kabul. Then, Jake talks with Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards about his state’s preparations as Hurricane Ida bears down on the Gulf Coast. Next, Jake asks Chief Biden Medical Adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci if schools should mandate vaccines. Then, Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy responds to criticism of how the Biden administration handled the US withdrawal from Afghanistan. Finally, Jake talks with former Afghan Ambassador to the US Roya Rahmani and human rights activist Yasmeen Hassan about the plight of women in Afghanistan now that the Taliban have taken control again.Aug 29, 2021
- Interview with National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan; Interview with Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger; Interview with Surgeon General Vivek Murthy; Interview with former Rep. Paul MitchellFirst, Brianna pushes National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan on what steps the administration is taking to evacuate Americans and Afghans from Kabul. Next, Brianna talks to Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger, an Afghan War veteran, about resistance by some in his party to efforts to resettle Afghan refugees in the United States. Then, Brianna asks Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy about the administration’s new guidance that all Americans should get a covid booster shot. Finally, State of the Union ...Show moreshares a special end-of-life interview with former Republican Rep. Paul Mitchell, who passed away earlier this week after a long fight with cancer.Aug 22, 2021
- Interview with Republican Sen. Bill Cassidy; Interview with Sen. Dick Durbin; Interview with Democratic Rep. Cori Bush; Interview with Senior Biden Adviser Anita DunnFirst, Dana talks with Republican Sen. Bill Cassidy of Louisiana about his efforts to pass the bipartisan infrastructure deal, as well as his state’s fight against the Delta variant. Next, Judiciary Committee Chairman Sen. Dick Durbin joins Dana to discuss his investigation into former President Trump’s efforts to overturn the election. Then, Dana asks Democratic Rep. Cori Bush of Missouri about her successful fight to prevent eviction protections from expiring. After that, Dana sits down with s...Show moreenior Biden adviser Anita Dunn about her trailblazing career in politics. Finally, Dana previews her new special on Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
ReplyReply allForwardHGAug 8, 2021
- Interview with NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins; Interview with Maine Sen. Susan Collins; Interview with West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin; Interview with New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez; Interview with Ohio Gov. Mike DeWineFirst, Jake talks to NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins about the CDC’s new mask guidance for vaccinated individuals. Then, Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine joins Jake to discuss the status of the bipartisan infrastructure deal in the Senate. Next, Jake presses Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia on if he’s committed to passing both an infrastructure deal and a sweeping reconciliation package. After that, Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York tells Jake her party’s fa...Show moreilure to extend the CDC’s eviction freeze before it expired is unacceptable. Finally, Republican Gov. Mike DeWine joins Jake to discuss his efforts to contain the spread of the Delta variant and drive-up vaccinations in his state.Aug 1, 2021
- Interview with Chief Biden Medical Adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci; Interview with Republican Sen. Pat Toomey; Interview with Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson; Interview with Oregon Gov. Kate BrownFirst, Jake talks with President Biden’s Chief Medical Adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci about the pandemic among unvaccinated Americans and the growing spread of the Delta variant. Then, Jake interviews Republican Sen. Pat Toomey about the latest on the infrastructure negotiations on Capitol Hill. Next, Jake speaks to Republican Governor Asa Hutchinson of Arkansas about what can be done to combat vaccine hesitancy in his state. Finally, Jake talks with Democratic Governor Kate Brown of Oregon about cli...Show moremate change playing a role in the fires in her state.Jul 25, 2021
- Interview with Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy; Interview with Republican Sen. Rob Portman; Interview with Democratic Sen. Amy KlobucharFirst, Dana talks with Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy about coronavirus cases spreading across the country and misinformation spreading across social media. Then, Dana interviews Republican Sen. Rob Portman about the latest on the infrastructure negotiations on Capitol Hill. Next, Dana asks Democratic Sen. Amy Klobuchar about her push for voting rights legislation and whether Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer should retire. Finally, Dana marks one year since the death of civil rights icon a...Show morend Democratic Rep. John Lewis.Jul 18, 2021