How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer
The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer: The command center for breaking news, politics and extraordinary reports from around the world.
- President Joe Biden In Oval Office For First Time After Swearing InPresident Joe Biden in the Oval Office for the first time since being sworn in. Biden signs 17 executive actions that undoes Trump policies. BIden signs his first executive order that mandates masks in federal buildings. While Biden signed actions on coronavirus, he also signed actions on immigration and climate change. Biden describes the executive actions that he signed on his first day as "bold."
Democrats now have control in the senate after senators are sworn in by Vice President Kamala...Show more Harris. Biden swears in presidential appointees. White House officials hold the first briefing with Biden.
"It was generous," said Biden about the letter that Trump left him before leaving for Florida.
Three ex-presidents deliver a joint message on democracy. Biden and Harris make remarks at inaugural celebration.Jan 21, 2021
- Biden-Harris Memorial for Covid-19 VictimsWolf Blitzer awaits the start of the Biden-Harris memorial for the Covid-19 victims. At the same time, the United States has crossed 400,000 American Covid deaths on the final day of Trump's presidency.
Vice President-elect Kamala Harris delivers remarks at the Covid memorial. A Michigan nurse performs "Amazing Grace." President-elect Joe Biden delivers remarks at the Covid memorial as well. Biden thanks nurses and honors the 400,000 Americans that lost their lives to Covid-19. Yolanda Adams...Show more performs "Hallelujah."
Hundreds of landmarks across the United States lit up for the Covid-19 memorial.
Biden is spending the night in Washington ahead of his historic inauguration. Biden is to be sworn in the 46th president tomorrow. America is divided on the verge of Trump presidency's end and Biden's beginning. Biden is preparing to face the immediate challenges of covid and the economy, as he takes the presidency.
Obama, Clinton and Bush will attend the Biden Inauguration.Jan 20, 2021
- Fortressed DC & Nation Brace for Unprecedented Transfer of PowerWashington, D.C., and Nation brace for unprecedented transfer of power; FBI Vetting National Guard as Pentagon Chief says "we are leaving no stone unturned in securing Capitol"; More than 80 people facing federal charges in Capitol riot, more than 300 investigations opened; Shocking new video shows Mob incited by Trump, offering fresh evidence of his culpabilityJan 19, 2021
- New Security Bulletin Says Domestic Terrorism Most Likely Threat to InaugurationWith D.C. and the capitals of all 50 states on high alert, the Justice Department opens 275 cases in Capitol siege probe, with more expected to come in the following days. The Pentagon authorizes 25,000 National Guard troops for inauguration. President-elect Biden lays out plan to jump-start vaccine rollout.Jan 15, 2021
- 20,000 National Guard Troops Expected in DC for Biden's InaugurationThe Washington Post reports that extremists on the FBI’s terrorist watch list were in D.C. last week for pro-Trump events. Source says that the Senate GOP is torn over convicting Trump. “There’s no love lost”. FBI director Christopher Wray issues a warning about “concerning online chatter” regarding the events surrounding next week's inauguration. 200+ suspects have been identified in the wake of last week's Capitol siege. Biden is planning on laying out a $1.9 trillion Covid relief package. The...Show more U.S. Coronavirus death toll tops 387,000 with 23.2 million cases as the CDC projects that 93,000 more people will die in the next three weeks. 965,000 more Americans file for unemployment.Jan 15, 2021
- President Trump Impeached for a Second TimeTen Republicans join House Democrats in a vote to impeach President Trump. Mitch McConnell: “I have not made a final decision on how I will vote”. Sen. Chuck Schumer says that Trump will be tried in the U.S. Senate. Twenty thousand National Guard troops expected for the inauguration next week. Investigators are pursuing signs that the U.S. Capitol riot was planned. Former FBI Director James Comey joins the show to discuss the Trump impeachment.Jan 14, 2021
- U.S. Atty: Looking at Sedition & Conspiracy Charges in Capitol AttackFederal Prosecutors say, they're looking at significant sedition and conspiracy charges in the U.S. Capitol Attack, following range of criminal conduct; The Washington Post reports: FBI warned of violent "war" at U.S. Capitol in internal report issued the day before the deadly riot; According to the New York Times, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is said to be pleased about impeachment, believes it will be easier to purge Trump from GOPJan 12, 2021
- Pelosi says Congress May Impeach if 25th Amendment Not InvokedHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi says Congress may impeach if 25th Amendment not invoked, warns President Trump is "deadly" to Americans and U.S. Democracy; Sources say, Feds are looking at Trump's role in inciting insurrection; Transportation Secretary, Elaine Chao, first in cabinet to resign over Capitol riot; First GOP Congressman calls for Trump's removal, joining with dozens of DemocratsJan 11, 2021
- White House: "politically motivated" impeachment would "further divide" U.S.In the wake of insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, President-elect Biden addresses the nation and warns of the damage done by threats to democracy. Nancy Pelosi and Democrats in the House draw up articles for impeaching the current president. Social media giant, Twitter, suspends Trump's account permanently.Jan 8, 2021
- Pelosi Says Congress May Impeach if 25th Amendment Not InvokedNancy Pelosi warns that Trump is “deadly” to Americans and U.S. democracy. Sources say that the Feds are looking at Trump’s role in inciting insurrection. Transportation secretary Chao is the first from Trump's cabinet to resign over the Capitol riot. Biden states that the Trump inspired riot that took place yesterday was one of the “darkest days” in U.S. history. He also nominated Judge Merrick Garland as Attorney General, and introduced nominees to lead the Justice Department. CNN Identifies r...Show moreioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol. Former Homeland Security secretary Jeh Johnson reacts to the attack on the capitol. The U.S tops 364,000 Covid deaths and 21.5 million cases after pandemic’s highest daily death toll of 3,865. Los Angeles County is seeing one Covid death every 8 minutes.Jan 8, 2021