How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer
The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer: The command center for breaking news, politics and extraordinary reports from around the world.
- Gunman Who Killed 8 at FedEx Site Identified as Former EmployeeSources: authorities were warned about gunman's potential for violence; FBI: "Premature to speculate" FedEx shooter's motives; President Joe Biden holds news conference with Japanese Prime Minister, addresses gun control agenda after latest mass shooting in U.S.Apr 16, 2021
- Biden Hits Russia With Strict Sanctions, Expels Diplomats Over CyberattackPresident Joe Biden hits Russia with strict sanctions, expelling diplomats over cyberattack, election interference and "abuses" in Crimea. A senior official says that Biden is seeking a "stable and predictable" relationship with Russia. The United States has now formally blamed Russia for massive solarwinds cyberattack as Biden imposes strict new sanctions.
Biden's administration confirms that a Russian agent shared 2016 Trump polling data as a part of their election interference efforts.
Today was the first court appearance for the ex-officer charged in the killing of Daunte Wright as city braces fir 5th night of protests.
Daunte Wright's mother shares anguish and demands accountability. "Justice isn't even a word to me... we're still going to bury our son," Wright's mother said. Attorney for Wright family says that they want full accountability and equal justice, City braces for its fifth night of protests.
Daunte Wright's father says , "Can you blame my son and anyone else for being scared of the police?"
Derek Chauvin's trial moves to closing arguments on Monday. Both sides now are resting after Chauvin declined to testify, invoking his fifth amendment right. The prosecution's medical expert briefly returns to the stand and says that car exhaust did not kill George Floyd.Apr 16, 2021
- Officer Who Shot Daunte Wright Arrested, Charged With 2nd Degree ManslaughterOfficer who shot Daunte Wright arrested, charged with 2nd degree manslaughter; 3100+ national guard troops activated in Twin Cities area this week; Wright family lawyer: "This was no accident This an intenional deliberate, and unlawful use of force; Curfew extended in Brooklyn City, MN as city braces for 4th night of unrest.Apr 15, 2021
- Officer Who Fatally Shot Unarmed Man Resigned Along With Police ChiefOfficer who fatally shot unarmed man resigned along with police chief; Use of force experts testifies Chauvin's actions in Floyd arrest were "justified as defense begins case; United States calls for pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine over blood clotting concerning, CD advisory panel to hold emergency meeting tomorrow; Daunte Wright's grieving family demands justice; mom sys "Our hearts pulled out of our chests" National guard on alert in Minnesota area amid Chauvin murder trail, unrest over Dau...Show morente Wright's death;Apr 14, 2021
- State Of Emergency, Curfew Ordered After Fatal Police Shooting Near MinneapolisPolice: Officer shouted "taser," but fired gun instead fatally shooting Daunte Wright during a routine traffic stop. Not far from the site of the fatal shooting of Daunte Wright, the prosecution wraps its case in the Chauvin murder trial.Apr 13, 2021
- Forensic Expert Testifies Floyd Killed by Lack of Oxygen due to Police ForceMedical examiner stands by ruling that Floyd’s death was a homicide, says heart disease, drug use played a role, but weren’t direct cause. Soon: Rep. Matt Gaetz speaks to GOP group as house opens investigation of sexual misconduct allegations. CDC warns Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations rising, especially among young people, while deaths going down. Fauci: some “breakthrough” Covid cases after vaccination “not surprising”. Britain’s Prince Phillip dies at 99 years of age. Prosecutors: NRA expl...Show moreoiting bankruptcy to dodge legal troubles.Apr 10, 2021
- One Dead, Multiple Injuries In Bryan, Texas ShootingExpert: Lack Of Oxygen Killed Floyd, Not Drugs Or Bad Health Expert: Chauvin kept knee on Floyd's neck 3+ minutes after the last breath. Expert: A healthy person who was subjected to what Mr. Floyd was subjected to would have died. GOP Rep. Gaetz in potential peril as his associate is likely to strike a plea deal in sex trafficking probe. Sen. Joe Manchin talks to CNN about role as power broker during Biden presidency.Apr 8, 2021
- Multiple Police Witnesses Who Say Excessive force Was Used against George FloydNew testimony echoes multiple police witnesses who say Derek Chauvin used excessive force on George Floyd.Use-of-force expert: Floyd "did not" pose immediate threat to police or bystander during restraint, didn't make threats. It is unclear what George Floyd said to the police about drugs while being detained. Biden pushing hard for infrastructure plan. Sources: Rep Matt Gaetz sought a preemptive pardon from Trump, but the request was never seriously considered.Apr 8, 2021
- MLB announces ALL-STAR game moving to Denver after Atlanta nixed over new Georgia voting lawProsecution builds case that Chauvin’s knee on Floyd’s neck violated policy in new testimony by police officials, expert; Police use-of-force instructor: Chauvin’s knee on Floyd’s neck not an authorized restraint;Biden moves up vaccine eligibility for all adults to April 19 as California set to fully reopen in June amid falling case;Medical experts & state officials debate ethics of “vaccine passports”; Biden: “Reassuring” to see businesses reject new “Jim Crow laws”; McConnell warns businesses ...Show moreof “serious consequences” after many condemn Georgia’s restrictive voting law; Russian opposition leader Navalny on hunger strike in Russian prison despite declining health; Biden administration in talks to salvage Iran nuclear dealApr 7, 2021
- Minneapolis Police Chief: Chauvin "Absolutely" Violated Neck Restraint PolicyER doctor who tried to save Floyd's life says a lack of oxygen was likely the cause of his death. Defense argues drug use could have led to lack of oxygen cited as the likely cause of Floyd's death. Biden vows to push infrastructure plan "as hard as I can" as Democrats remain split and Republicans attack.Apr 6, 2021