How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer
The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer: The command center for breaking news, politics and extraordinary reports from around the world.
- U.S. Warns Russia Any Ukraine Invasion Will Have “Severe” ResponseUnited States Secretary of State Antony Blinken warned top Russian officials of a “swift” and “severe” response should Russia invade Ukraine. Also, new CDC studies confirm boosters shots provide the best protection against Omicron but the agency still will not commit to changing the definition of “fully vaccinated” to include a third shot. Dr. Anthony Fauci joins to answer why.Jan 21, 2022
- January 6th Committee Seeks Information From Ivanka TrumpThe January 6th committee continues to close in on President Trump’s inner circle as they now seek information directly from Ivanka Trump. This, as the investigation of Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the United States presidential election heats up in Georgia with a new request for a special grand jury.
Officials in Ukraine are dissecting President Biden’s latest warning that Russia would pay a heavy price if it were to invade Ukraine. President Biden clarified his stance after remarking ...Show morethat a “minor incursion” would elicit a lesser response than a full-scale invasion.Jan 20, 2022
- Supreme Court Blocks Trump RequestThe United States Supreme Court has just rejected former President Trump’s request to block the release of his White House records, clearing the way for the documents to be handed over to the January 6th committee. Over 700 documents will be transferred to Congress which could illuminate what happened in the moments leading up to the insurrection.
President Biden held a news conference on Wednesday in which he spoke on and off for approximately 112 minutes. During the event, Biden addressed t...Show morehe issues he is confronting including challenges facing Build Back Better, the state of the pandemic, and the future of economy.Jan 19, 2022
- U.S. Considers More Weapons For UkraineThe looming threat of Russian aggression is setting off alarm bells inside the White House. The Biden administration is now weighing additional military support for Ukraine to ward off an invasion. A British official tells CNN that the Texas synagogue gunman was on the Security Service’s radar in 2020 but was not deemed a threat. Tonight, the rabbi who survived the terrifying standoff joins Wolf to discuss the ordeal.Jan 18, 2022
- Experts Warn Omicron Surge Won't Peak Any Time SoonWith the Omicron wave still on the rise in the U.S., experts warn the surge won't peak any time soon. That, as the CDC struggles to give Americans clear Covid guidance, with Dr. Walensky admitting to the Wall Street Journal that she hasn't conveyed the “uncertainty” around the pandemic.
Plus, new details are emerging about the hostage stand-off inside a Texas synagogue that terrorized worshipers for nearly 11 hours. And, on this Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, the late civil rights leader's f...Show moreamily is urging Congress to pass President Biden's voting rights bill.Jan 17, 2022
- Oath Keepers Leader Pleads Not Guilty To Seditious ConspiracyThe most high-profile defendant in the January 6th investigation plead not guilty to a rare and serious charge of seditious conspiracy. Although difficult to prove in court, seditious conspiracy charges reaffirm the argument the attack on the Capitol was an insurrection.
The CDC just released a highly anticipated update on its mask policies as nearly 800,000 new daily cases emerge due to the Omicron variant. Related, Americans will be able to request tests at COVIDTests.gov beginning on Janua...Show morery 19th according to a Biden administration official.Jan 14, 2022
- Supreme Court Strikes Down Vaccine MandatePresident Biden is facing significant new defeats after voting rights legislation appears doomed in the Senate and the Supreme Court blocked his vaccine mandate for big businesses. United States Surgeon General Vivek Murthy joins to give his reaction. The leader of the far right group the Oath Keepers has been arrested and accused of seditious conspiracy along with ten other defendants. Seditious conspiracy charges carry the same possible consequence as an obstruction charge.Jan 13, 2022
- Health Officials Shift Tone On Omicron SurgeA shift in the response to the Omicron explosion here in the United States as health officials double down on the message that most Americans will be exposed. This as the pandemic economy takes another hit with inflation soaring to a four-decade high.
The select committee is now asking top House Republican Kevin McCarthy to cooperate voluntarily and turn over information. Sources also tell CNN that former White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany on Wednesday appeared before the committee...Show more.Jan 12, 2022
- Biden Vows “I Will Not Flinch” In Defending Voting RightsPresident Biden said he’s tired of being quiet about the threat to voting rights in America during a speech in Atlanta today. Domestic policy adviser to the White House Susan Rice joins to answer if Biden can pass election reforms amidst concerns from the Democratic Party.
Dr. Anthony Fauci says the surging Omicron variant will eventually find just about everyone. The acting FDA director agrees, suggesting the United States should focus less on stopping the virus and more on keeping essentia...Show morel services running.Jan 11, 2022
- Teachers Union President: Chicago’s Mayor Is “Being Relentlessly Stupid”Anger and confusion are growing as America’s schools struggle with reopening plans due to the Omicron crisis. Chicago is cancelling class for more than 300,000 students for a fourth day as the president of the Chicago Teachers Union calls into question the mayor’s plans. Investigations are underway for one of the deadliest home fires in decades. A faulty space heater sparked an inferno in a New York City apartment building that killed 17 people, including 8 children.Jan 10, 2022