The Defense Ministry of Ukraine says that through 9 p.m. local time in Ukraine, territories under Ukrainian control have been shelled 80 times from the pro-Russian self-declared republics of Luhansk and Donetsk.
The information comes via the Defense Ministry's latest statement on violations of the ceasefire in eastern Ukraine.
Of the 80 incidents, 58 involved weapons prohibited under the Minsk agreements, which stipulate that heavy weapons should not be within 50 kilometers (about 31 miles) of the frontlines.
On Tuesday, Russian President Vladimir Putin stated that Minsk Agreements "no longer exist," adding, "What is there to implement if we have recognized these two entities?"
The Defense Ministry recorded 84 ceasefire violations on Monday.
As part of Tuesday's attacks, the Ukrainian Defense Ministry says that one soldier had been killed and six others have been injured.
According to the ministry, the town of Shchastya — near Luhansk — has sustained some of the heaviest shelling.
The ministry went on to accuse the Russian-backed separatists of deploying heavy weapons "within settlements to provoke Ukrainian defenders to return fire."