CNN reporters and witnesses in cities across Ukraine have reported hearing explosions in the early hours of Thursday.
- Kyiv: CNN reporters in Ukraine's capital heard explosions from the east in the direction of the city's international airport. Social media users reported hearing several explosions in the Boryspil area to the east of the capital, where the international airport is located about 25 kilometers (15 miles) from the city. CNN has not confirmed that the airport has been targeted.
- Kharkiv: A CNN team in Ukraine's second biggest city, in the northeast of the country, heard a "steady stream of loud explosions."
- Kramatorsk: Two people in the eastern city, located about 120 kilometers (75 miles) north of separatist-held Donetsk, told CNN they heard at least two massive explosions.
- Dnipro: A resident of the central city told CNN they had heard "a few explosions."
- Mariupol: Two residents told CNN they heard explosions east of the city, which is located in the southeast of the country.
- Odessa: A CNN team in the Black Sea port city heard two groups of explosions about 20 minutes apart.
- Zaporizhzhia: A CNN team in the southeastern city said they heard at at least one very distant explosion.
Additionally, a CNN team in the Russian city of Belgorod, about 80 kilometers (50 miles) north of Kharkiv, said they heard a regular stream of thuds that sounded like outgoing artillery fire.