- A fire broke out at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, the largest of its kind in Ukraine, early Friday after shelling in the area by Russian forces, Ukrainian authorities said. Radiation levels at the plant appear normal.
- Russia is laying siege to the key Ukrainian city of Mariupol, and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has pleaded for more international assistance.
- Both sides say humanitarian corridors for civilians were agreed on during a second round of talks, but a Ukrainian negotiator said today's talks didn't deliver needed results.
- One million refugees have fled Ukraine in just a week, according to the UN. Want to help? You can learn how to support humanitarian efforts in Ukraine here.
- Having connection issues? Bookmark CNN's lite site for fast connectivity. You can also read updates at CNN Español here.
Our live coverage of Russia's invasion of Ukraine has moved here.