President Joe Biden says he has no concerns that top officials in his Cabinet have yet to be confirmed by the Senate.
"No I’m not concerned," Biden said when asked about the situation at the end of an event in the State Dining Room.
"I’m confident we can move quickly," he said.
Biden entered office with no Cabinet officials confirmed by the Senate, forcing his administration to name acting agency heads.
Five of Biden's Cabinet nominees participated in Senate confirmation hearings on Tuesday. They are...
- Janet Yellen, Biden's pick to lead the Treasury Department
- Avril Haines, Biden's choice to lead the Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- Alejandro Mayorkas, the secretary designate for the Department of Homeland Security
- Antony Blinken to lead to State Department
- Retired Army Gen. Lloyd Austin for Secretary of Defense