Anthony Scaramucci said he was invited to President Trump's farewell ceremony at Joint Base Andrews Wednesday, in what he says is a sign the White House is desperate for guests.
"They’re looking for people. Trust me, that had to be a mass email if one of them got sent to me," the President's former communications director turned critic told Inside Edition Monday. Scaramucci confirmed to CNN he had received an invitation via email Sunday night.
While the White House hasn't said how many people were invited, a few guests who were told CNN they likely would not attend, whether because of travel restrictions or the fallout from the President's involvement in the attack on the US Capitol.
Given his public criticism of his former boss, Scaramucci said this is a sign of their desperation to have guests present. CNN has reported that that few people have RSVP'ed so far.