CNN has obtained the summary of the Republican's Covid-19 relief proposal. It estimates the plan totals about $618 billion.
Ten Republican senators, led by Susan Collins, will meet with President Biden later today at the White House.
Some top line figures, according to the summary:
- $160 billion for vaccines, testing and other coronavirus-related supplies
- $50 billion for small businesses
- $132 billion for unemployment insurance through June
- $220 billion in additional direct payments
- $20 billion for childcare
- $20 billion for schools
The GOP's plan is a counterproposal to Biden's $1.9 trillion plan meant to force relief talks with the White House back to the middle.