CNN Site Map for Section Football (Galleries) for March - 2012
- 2012-03-27Santiago Solari (left) spent five years at Real Madrid between 2000 and 2005, during which time he won the European Champions League and two Spanish league titles. The Argentine midfielder's brother Esteban will play for Cypriot minnows APOEL Nicosia
- 2012-03-26Fans of Bolton Wanderers and a host of other football clubs lay shirts outside of the Reebok Stadium in a show of support for Fabrice Muamba.
- 2012-03-21Anderson, left, and his Brazil teammates try to take the ball off Lionel Messi in the 2008 Olympic semifinal against Argentina, who won 3-0 and went on to take gold.
- 2012-03-20Lionel Messi's hat-trick against Granada took his tally for Barcelona to 234 and past the club's previous highest scorer, Cesar Rodriguez, who notched 232. The 24-year-old secured the record with this cheeky chip.
- 2012-03-20France Football magazine has released a list of the highest-earning players in world soccer. Three-time World Player of the Year Lionel Messi of Barcelona tops the list, earning $52 million in wages and sponsorship deals.
- 2012-03-19Doctors have described Fabrice Muamba's progress since his cardiac arrest during a match on Saturday as "miraculous." The Bolton star's heart stopped beating for 78 minutes after his collapse but now he is talking and joking with visit
- 2012-03-17Bolton player Fabrice Muamba lies prone on the pitch after collapsing before halftime during the English FA Cup quarterfinal away to Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday.
- 2012-03-16Barcelona defender Eric Abidal, who needs a liver transplant, is battling to overcome his second serious health scare in just over a year.
- 2012-03-15Athletic Bilbao's Fernando Llorente celebrates his stunning strike against Manchester United in the second leg of the Europa League last-16 tie. The La Liga side won 5-3 on aggregate.
- 2012-03-15Manchester City's massive sponsorship deal with Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways has come under scrutiny due to UEFA's Financial Fair Play guidelines.
- 2012-03-14Glasgow Rangers secured a record-extending 54th Scottish league title at the end of the 2010-11 season with a thumping 5-1 win at Kilmarnock on the final day.
- 2012-03-08Palestine is one of 208 members of global football's governing body FIFA and is competing at the eight-team AFC Challenge Cup in Nepal.
- 2012-03-08Lionel Messi made history on Wednesday by becoming the first player to score five goals in a European Champions League match as Barcelona thrashed Bayer Leverkusen 7-1. The Argentine was previously one of a select few to have grabbed four goals in the mod
- 2012-03-06The average age of a player transferred internationally was 23, with Argentina star Sergio Aguero a high-profile example. The striker swapped Atletico Madrid for Manchester City in July. The TMS states that the majority of transfers were for players betwe
- 2012-03-05Andre Villas-Boas rose to prominence as the coach of Porto's all-conquering team last season. He guided his team to a league, domestic cup and Europa League treble, drawing comparisons with the club's former coach and current Real Madrid boss Jo
- 2012-03-02Neymar made his debut for the Brazil national team in August 2010 against the U.S. in New Jersey. The 18-year-old marked his first match for the five-time world champions with a goal in Brazil's 2-0 win.
- 2012-03-01Javier Pastore is the most expensive player in French football history after he cost Paris Saint-Germain a fee believed to be $56 million. But Pastore is not the first footballer to have swapped clubs for a hefty price tag.