CNN Site Map for Section Football (Galleries) for September - 2012
- 2012-09-27NFL fans were in uproar earlier this week, when refereeing mistakes led to a last-minute touchdown by the Seattle Seahawks being awarded, giving the franchise a win over the Green Bay Packers. Top-level officials have been locked out of the NFL over a new
- 2012-09-27The moment French football superstar Zinedine Zidane headbutted Italy's Marco Materazzi in the 2006 World Cup final has been immortalized in a five meter bronze statue. The statue, positioned outside of Paris' Pompidou Museum, is the work of Alg
- 2012-09-25Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson throws the winning touchdown pass against the Green Bay Packers in Seattle on Monday night. The Seahawks defeated the Packers 14-12 after a much-questioned call by the referees.
- 2012-09-21It has been suggested the rivalry between the cities of Manchester and Liverpool can be traced back to the construction of the Manchester Ship Canal. Tired of paying their dues to import through the Mersey estuary, Manchester merchants built their own wat
- 2012-09-21Officials in the end zone give different signals on the final play of the Green Bay-Seattle game on Monday night. The Seahawks beat the Packers 14-12 on a controversial call in the end zone on the final play at CenturyLink Field in Seattle. Check out the
- 2012-09-20Sport's battle against depression
- 2012-09-19Edin Dzeko came off the bench to give Manchester City the lead against Real Madrid in their European Champions League encounter in the Spanish capital.
- 2012-09-14Ronaldo arrived at the 1998 World Cup in France as the most talked about footballer in the world. The 22-year-old scored four goals during the tournament, but confusion and controversy reigned before and after Brazil's 3-0 defeat to France in the fin
- 2012-09-14Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan looks to throw the ball during the game against the Denver Broncos at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta on Monday, September 17. Check out the action from Week 2 of the 2012 National Football League season, and look back at
- 2012-09-01Penn State's Shane McGregor kneels in prayer following the Nittany Lions' loss to Ohio University at Beaver Stadium in State College, Pennsylvania, on Saturday, September 1. The final score was 24-14.