CNN Site Map for Section Sports (Galleries) for September - 2015
- 2015-09-30How's that for 500? Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates after reaching the career landmark with a goal against Swedish side Malmo in the European Champions League.
- 2015-09-29Paris' Longchamp racecourse hosts one of the world's most famous horse races -- the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe. The site currently houses two huge grandstands -- side by side -- built in the 1960s. This computer-generated image (and the ones
- 2015-09-29Norwich City striker Dieumerci Mbokani is tackled by West Ham's Winston Reid during a Premier League match in London on Sunday, September 26.
- 2015-09-29The EWHA Womens University in Seoul, South Korea. One of Dominique Perrault's key aims as an architect is to bring harmony to the relationship between buildings and their surroundings.
- 2015-09-28The 2015 Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series came to a climax in Bilbao, Spain -- with a spectacular backdrop of the Guggenheim Museum and 50,000 spectators.
- 2015-09-25When scoring a try feels like victory...
- 2015-09-24Can the underdog dream big?
- 2015-09-24The world of yacht design has seen some pretty out-there concepts in recent years -- from boats inspired by Lego, to space-age ships resembling a Concorde jet on water.
But it's fairly safe to say that nothing comes close to Kokomo Ailand -- the 80-
- 2015-09-23Ron Rutland: "I could have just done Cape to Cairo, but I'd never been to West or North Africa. I thought, you know what, I'm going to try and do every country... I sat with a map of Africa and plotted for hours and hours."
- 2015-09-23Dan Carter: All Blacks star seeks to end World Cup hoodoo
- 2015-09-23Scotland burst Japan's bubble following its famous victory over South Africa at the weekend, with Vern Cotter's men running out 45-10 winners at the Kingsholm Stadium Wednesday.
- 2015-09-22New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman dives for a touchdown during an NFL game in Buffalo, New York, on Sunday, September 20. Buffalo safety Aaron Williams suffered a serious neck injury trying to make the tackle. He has since been released fr
- 2015-09-22The world's best surfers competed in the first Red Bull Unleashed event. It's the first international surf competition to be held on artificial waves.
- 2015-09-22For the superyacht owner willing to spend tens of millions of dollars on their luxury vessel, the question arises -- why stop with the boat?
As the Monaco Yacht Show launches this week, we take a look at the increasing number of high-tech water toys being
- 2015-09-19Karne Hesketh scores Japan's winning try against the Springboks at the Brighton Community Stadium.
- 2015-09-18The 2015 Rugby World Cup began in England Friday, with Prince Harry -- honorary president of the tournament -- delivering a speech during the opening ceremony.
- 2015-09-16Alessandro Florenzi of AS Roma celebrates by pointing to the name on the back of his shirt after his sensational equalizer against Barcelona in the Champions League.
- 2015-09-16Richie McCaw is "Mr. Rugby." The New Zealand captain is a three-time IRB world player of the year and an inspiration to his teammates. He will lead the All Blacks' title defense in England after his heroic efforts on home soil four years ag
- 2015-09-15Workers install seats by part of the Formula One street circuit for the night Singapore Grand Prix, which takes place on September 20, as a haze shrouds the city skyline. Organizers say the event will go ahead, with air quality forecast to improve in tim
- 2015-09-15Oklahoma wide receiver Sterling Shepard jumps over a Tennessee defender to score a touchdown in double overtime Saturday, September 12, in Knoxville, Tennessee. It turned out to be the game-winning score as Oklahoma rallied from a 17-0 deficit to win 31-2
- 2015-09-15Scott Brash rides Hello Sanctos over the last jump to win the Rolex Grand Slam and the CP International Grand Prix at the Spruce Meadows Masters championships In Calgary, Canada on Sunday.
- 2015-09-15A crew battle to stay above the water in the midst of the 12th Monaco Classic Week.
- 2015-09-11There are marathons, and then there are desert marathons. We take a look at some of the most extreme -- and beautiful -- foot races on the planet.
- 2015-09-09Hannah Cockcroft: Paralympics champion finds freedom in her chair
- 2015-09-09Wayne Rooney of England celebrates his 50th international goal against Switzerland at Wembley Stadium on September 8, 2015 in London.
- 2015-09-09The monogrammed entrance gate to the Royal Yacht Squadron in Cowes, Isle of Wight. The squadron was founded at the Thatched House Tavern in London as The Yacht Club in June 1815 and is holding a series of events to celebrate its bicentenary.
- 2015-09-08BYU wide receiver Mitch Mathews pulls down a "Hail Mary" pass, scoring the game-winning touchdown as time expired Saturday, September 5, at Nebraska. It was one of the most exciting finishes of college football's opening weekend.
- 2015-09-07Sunrise over Birdsville and a jockey takes an early morning ride in preparation for the town's big race. The Birdsville Races were first held in 1882, run between a handful of work horses and watched by a few locals. Today, the event attracts thousan
- 2015-09-04CHICHESTER, ENGLAND - AUGUST 01: A race goer on day five of the Qatar Goodwood Festival at Goodwood Racecourse on August 1, 2015 in Chichester, England. (Photo by Tristan Fewings/Getty Images for Qatar Goodwood Festival)
- 2015-09-03Steve White is undertaking arguably sailing's toughest challenge -- circumnavigating the globe solo in the wrong direction.
- 2015-09-03The tennis star has a new focus after becoming a father for the first time ahead of his Olympic title defense at the Rio 2016 Games. Read more
- 2015-09-03Real Madrid have become the latest European football team to announce it will be donating money to help migrants arriving in Europe.
- 2015-09-02Sammy-Jo Bell's performances on the track have been catching the eye during the 2015 flat racing season in the UK.
- 2015-09-01Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt talks with his American rival, Justin Gatlin, after winning the 200-meter final at the World Championships in Beijing on Thursday, August 27. Bolt, the world-record holder in the 200, also won the 100 meters at the meet. He ha
- 2015-09-01Wrestling is very popular in parts of Sudan. Far more than just a game, it is a display of gallantry and valor, steeped in heritage.
- 2015-09-01Ellyse Perry is one of Australia's most famous sportswomen, making her debut for the national cricket and soccer teams at the age of 16.