10. Istanbul, Turkey: Istanbul still makes the list, albeit lower than its previous No. 8 place. The city welcomed 9.16 million overnight international visitors in 2016 and expects 9.24 million in 2017. Click through the gallery to see which other destinations are among the top 10 most popular cities for international travelers.
BULENT KILIC/AFP/Getty Images
9. Tokyo, Japan: The Japanese capital received 11.15 million visitors in 2016 and is forecast to receive 12.51 million visitors in 2017.
KAZUHIRO NOGI/AFP/Getty Images
8. Kuala Lumpar, Malaysia: Home to the tallest twin towers in the world, the Petronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur received 11.28 million visitors in 2016 and expects to welcome 12.08 million in 2017.
ED JONES/AFP/Getty Images
7. Seoul, South Korea: One of many reasons tourists are attracted to Seoul -- historic palaces. The city received 12.39 visitors in 2016 and expects 12.44 in 2017.
PARK JI-HWAN/AFP/Getty Images
6. New York City: New York is expected to draw 12.36 million visitors in 2017. With 12.7 million in 2016, it's the only city expected to see a year-over-year decrease in arrivals. It may get edged out of its No. 6 spot by Seoul.
JEWEL SAMAD/AFP/Getty Images
5. Singapore: The second most popular city in Asia with visitors, Singapore saw 13.11 million visitors in 2016 and is expected to see 13.45 million in 2017.
ROSLAN RAHMAN/AFP/Getty Images
4. Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Dubai outshines its Middle Eastern neighbors in visitor arrivals. The city expects to host 16.01 million international visitors in 2017. It saw 14.87 million on 2016. It's also the top ranked global city for visitor spending.