The top 10 most visited US National Park sites in 2021 are …
By Forrest Brown, CNN
3 minute read
5:32 PM EST, Wed February 16, 2022
1. Blue Ridge Parkway (North Carolina and Virginia): This driving treasure was the most visited site in the National Park System in 2021. This is the Linn Cove Viaduct in North Carolina, one of the most beautiful and thrilling parts of the parkway. Click through the gallery for the other nine most visited places.
Dave Allen/Adobe Stock
2. Great Smoky Mountains National Park (North Carolina and Tennessee): At an elevation of 5,046 feet, Newfound Gap is the lowest drivable pass through the park. And the surrounding scenery is gorgeous.
JMichael Photography/Adobe Stock
3. Golden Gate National Recreation Area (California): Take in the stunning sunset view of the Golden Gate Bridge. This park has numerous overlooks for memorable views.
4. Gateway National Recreational Area (New York and New Jersey): A view of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge from Fort Wadsworth, which is in Gateway. The bridge was prominently featured in "Saturday Night Fever."
Peter Bennett/Danita Delimont/Adobe Stock
5. Lake Mead National Recreation Area (Arizona and Nevada): Enjoy the view of Lake Mead from the Hoover Dam, which was finished in 1936. Lake Mead has more than 750 miles of shoreline.
Apostolis Giontzis/Adobe Stock
6. George Washington Memorial Parkway (District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia): An aerial view of the parkway. It links places that commemorate important episodes in US history as well as provides a wildlife habitat in a dense urban area.