13. China Southern Airlines: Chinese airlines' position in the 2022 rankings was affected by the lack of international flights being operated over the last couple of years due to China's zero-Covid approach to handling the pandemic.
Xinhua News Agency/Getty Images
14. Hainan Airlines: As well as being the No.14 airline, Hainan won six China-specific award categories, including Best Airline Cabin Crew, Best Cabin Cleanliness, Best Business Class, Best Economy Class and Best Airline Staff Service.
Luo Yunfei/China News Service/Getty Images
15. Lufthansa: The German flag carrier will celebrate the 70th anniversary of its founding in January 2023.
David Ramos/Getty Images
16. Cathay Pacific: Hong Kong's flag carrier has won Skytrax's World's Best Airline award multiple times, but its performance in the survey this year is hampered by Covid-19 travel restrictions.
Courtesy Cathay Pacific Airways
17. KLM: The Dutch flag carrier serves 92 European cities and 70 intercontinental destinations.
18. EVA Air: The Taiwanese airline was founded in 1989 and is known for its quirky special liveries, including several themed around the Japanese character Hello Kitty.