Baia do Sancho in remote Fernando de Noronha, Brazil, takes the top spot in TripAdvisor's 2014 Travelers' Choice best beaches list. Located on a volcanic archipelago, the beach jumped to the top spot from No. 4 last year.
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales —
Grace Bay in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, held on to its No. 2 ranking for the second year.
3. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico —
Flamenco Beach in Culebra, Puerto Rico, jumped two spots from No. 5 to No. 3.
4. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy —
Last year's top-ranked spot, Rabbit Beach on the Sicilian island of Lampedusa, dropped to No. 4 this year.
5. Whitehaven Beach, Australia —
Whitehaven Beach on Australia's Whitsunday Island dropped from No. 3 last year to this year's No. 5 spot.
6. Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain —
Playa de ses Illetes on Formentera in Spain's Balearic Islands broke into the top 10 this year, jumping from No. 12 to No. 6.
7. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles —
Anse Lazio on Praslin Island in the Seychelles jumped 10 spots, from No. 17 last year to No. 7.
8. Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii —
Lanikai Beach in Kailua on Oahu broke into the world's top 10 this year. Last year, the Hawaii beach was No. 5 in the United States, but it didn't make the global list.
9. Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales —
Rhossili Bay in Swansea, Wales, moved up to No. 9 from last year's No. 10 spot. While certainly not the warmest of the world's spectacular beaches, the rugged landscape and sweeping views are undeniably lovely.
10. Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico —
Playa Norte in Isla Mujeres, Mexico, jumped from No. 14 to No. 10 this year.