Britain's longest-reigning monarch Queen Elizabeth II was laid to rest at the King George VI Memorial Chapel in Windsor on Monday evening, following her final procession through London.
Thousands gathered around the streets near Westminster Abbey and along the 25-mile route from central London to Windsor, hoping to catch a glimpse of the sovereign's flag-draped coffin as it traveled by hearse to her final resting place.
Royal family members and dignitaries gathered at Westminster Abbey for a somber service. Presidents, prime ministers, princes and princesses, and other public figures sat side-by-side to pay their last respects — a testament to her far-reaching appeal and deft diplomacy.
More than 200 foreign dignitaries were invited to her state funeral, including US President Joe Biden and Commonwealth leaders like Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
The service took place in the same abbey nave where, 69 years ago, the Queen was crowned and where, 75 years ago, she was married to her husband, Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, who died last year.
Here are the memorable moments from the state funeral:
- Watch key moments from Queen Elizabeth II's funeral.
- View photos from the Queen's carefully planned ceremony.
- Among the items on top of the Queen's coffin was a handwritten note from her son King Charles III.
- Here's how guests at the funeral paid tributes to the late Queen.
- See Queen Elizabeth II's life in photos.