Mourners gathered at the Staples Center in Los Angeles today to honor the lives of Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter, Gianna.
In case you missed it, here are some of the key moments from today's service:
- Vanessa Bryant gave an emotional tribute to her husband and daughter. She called her husband the "MVP of girl dads" and shared moments of their love story. When remembering her daughter, Vanessa said Gigi "would have made a huge difference for women's basketball."
- Female basketball players promised to uphold Gianna's legacy. Olympic medalist Diana Taurasi and Oregon basketball player Sabrina Ionescu gave speeches honoring Gigi and the influence she would have had on the sport.
- Rob Pelinka talked about the last text he got from Kobe. Pelinka, the general manager of the Los Angeles Lakers, Kobe's former manager and the godfather of Gianna Bryant, shared that the last text message her received from Kobe was asking for help to find a student an internship.
- Beyonce, Alicia Keys and Christina Aguilera gave performances at the memorial service.
- NBA legends Shaquille O'Neal and Michael Jordan gave tearful speeches talking about Kobe's legacy. "When Kobe Bryant died, a piece of me died," Jordan said. "And as I look in this arena and across the globe, a piece of you died or else you wouldn't be here."
- Geno Auriemma remembered Kobe's desire to coach. Auriemma, a coach for the University of Connecticut women's basketball team, talked about Kobe's desire to help pave the way for his daughter's success.