Multiple injured in stabbing in Tallahassee, Florida
An employee stabbed five people at a Florida workplace today after a dispute, Tallahassee police said.
The motive for the attack remains unclear, Tallahassee Interim Police Chief Steve Outlaw said.
Here's what we know about the stabbing:
- What happened: Five people were stabbed in Tallahassee, Florida, this morning at Dyke Industries, a wholesale building material supplier.
- The suspect: Antwann D. Brown, an employee of the company, was taken into custody. Police said Brown, 41, stabbed the employees with a folding knife.
- About Brown: Brown had worked at Dyke Industries for three and a half months and had no known employment issues, police said. This morning, however, Brown had some type of dispute at work prior to the attack. Brown was asked to clock out as a result, police said, without giving more details about the dispute.
- The victims' conditions: All five stabbing victims were taken to Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare. "One patient is in serious condition; two patients are in fair condition; and two patients are in good condition," a statement from the hospital read.
The suspect involved in the stabbing was engaged in some sort of dispute this morning at work before the incident, Tallahassee Interim Police Chief Steve Outlaw said.
Outlaw didn’t elaborate on the dispute. He said the suspect, Antwann Brown, 41, was asked to clock out as a result. He clocked out at 8:20 a.m. ET, Outlaw said.
Brown had been employed at Dyke Industries for three and a half months with no known employment issues, according to Tallahassee police.
The suspect involved in today's stabbing at Dyke Industries has been identified as Antwann D. Brown, according to the Tallahassee Police Department.
Brown was an employee at the facility, according to a police department statement.
Police said he stabbed five employees with a folding knife.
"Those victims were provided immediate medical attention and transported to a local hospital," police said.
A motive for the stabbing is still not known, Tallahassee Interim Police Chief Steve Outlaw said during a news conference.
Officials from the Tallahassee Police Department are giving an update about this morning's shooting.
Earlier today, officials said they had a suspect in custody, but the identity has not been released. The conditions of many of the victims are also unclear.
One person is in serious condition at a local hospital following the stabbing, Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare said in an updated statement Wednesday.
Two people are in fair condition and two are in good condition, the hospital said.
Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare also corrected an earlier report: the hospital now says that five people, not six as was originally reported, were transported to the hospital from the scene of the incident.
Here is the full statement:
Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare received five patients from the incident, not six as initially reported. One patient is in serious condition; two patients are in fair condition; and two patients are in good condition.
Police are investigate a stabbing incident in Tallahassee, Florida, this morning, a police spokesman said.
Many details are still unclear, but here's what we know so far:
- What happened: Police responded to a stabbing incident at Dyke Industries, a company that manufactures doors.
- The victims: Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare has received six people from the stabbing incident, the provider said. Their conditions are not known.
- The suspect: Police said they have a suspect in custody. It was not immediately clear if the suspect is an employee, Tallahassee police spokesman Damon Miller said.
Here's where the incident took place:
The stabbing this morning occurred at Dyke Industries, a wholesale building material supplier, in Tallahassee, Florida.
The supplier is about 4 miles northwest of the Florida State University campus and 6 miles northwest of the Florida State Capitol.
Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare has received six people from this morning’s stabbing incident, according to Morgan King, spokesperson for the hospital.
All six people are currently under evaluation, King said in the statement.
Tallahassee police say they have a suspect in custody in the stabbing incident. It's unclear if this individual is an employee.