There are more than 55 million people who remain under threat for severe storms from Pennsylvania to the Gulf Coast as tornadic storms will continue well into the evening.
A level 5 of 5 “high risk” continues for much of northern Alabama, into southern Tennessee, including Birmingham, Tuscaloosa and Huntsville.
A large level 4 of 5 risk covers more than 5 million people and includes Nashville and Chattanooga, where tornadoes are also possible.
More on the storms:
- There have been seven tornado reports so far, all in Alabama, with damage and injuries reported in the Birmingham metropolitan area.
- The same long track supercell thunderstorm continues to track east, and is now moving into Georgia, where tornado warnings remain in effect.
- Other tornadic storms are moving into western Alabama out of Mississippi
- A PDS (Particularly Dangerous Situation) tornado watch remains in effect over portions of Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia until 8 p.m. CT.
- A new tornado watch has just been issued that includes the cities of Nashville, Evansville and Louisville, until 11 p.m. CT.