Arkansas will lift restrictions on gyms, fitness centers, and indoor athletic facilities so they can resume operations beginning next Monday, May 4, Gov. Asa Hutchinson announced on Thursday.
The governor outlined limitations and requirements for the facilities upon reopening including:
- No entry for people who recently traveled to New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, New Orleans, or overseas
- No entry for people with a fever, symptoms, or recent contact with a Covid patient or anyone with compromised immune systems or chronic diseases
- Temperature checks for staff
- Face coverings for staff and patrons, except while actively exercising
- No pools, spas, showers or saunas
- Hand sanitizer must be available
- Equipment must be sanitized after each use
- 12-foot distancing while working out, during training sessions, and for classes
- No personal contact
There are at least 3,255 cases of coronavirus in Arkansas. At least 61 people have died from the virus.