Arkansas will allow barber shops, hair salons, massage therapy, body art and medical spa service businesses to reopen starting May 6, Gov. Asa Hutchinson announced today.
Cosmetology schools are not included in the reopening.
Strict guidelines will need to be followed after reopening, he said. The guidelines include:
- Groups of 10 or less will be allowed in facilities
- 30% of stations or less can be occupied
- Appointments only, no walk-ins allowed
- Clients should wait outside or in vehicles
- Social distancing of 6 feet should be observed between clients
- Spaces should be cleaned between appointments
- Clients and staff should wear masks