Miami Beach reopened parks and other public spaces last week — but not everyone followed the rules.
The Miami Beach Police Department announced it would close South Pointe Park again until further notice due to non-compliance.
Across Miami Beach over the weekend, more than 7,300 warnings were issued for failure to wear a face covering, according to MBPD. More than 470 warnings were issued for failing to social distance, and more than 1,300 people were asked to leave parks after closing.
Here is a breakdown of the city-wide warnings issued by date:
- 2,068 verbal face cover warnings
- 148 social distancing warnings
- 275 guests asked to leave parks after closing time
- 2,829 verbal face cover warnings
- 117 social distancing warnings
- 587 guests asked to leave parks after closing
- 2,432 verbal face cover warnings
- 213 social distancing warnings
- 473 guests asked to leave parks after closing
The majority of those warnings and instances of non-compliance occurred at South Pointe Park, according MBPD.