Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez announced that beaches and hotels will reopen on June 1.
He said lounging on the sand, walking, swimming and jogging will be allowed with restrictions.
Here are some of the rules for beachgoers:
- Maintain six feet of social distancing.
- Umbrellas or chairs will be allowed. The umbrellas and chairs must be cleaned between every use if they are rented.
- Facial coverings are not required on the beach, but a mask must be worn when social distancing is not possible.
- Facial coverings are required at restrooms or concession stands.
- Facial coverings are not required while jogging; but you must have a mask accessible if social distancing is not possible.
- No more than 10 people allowed to gather in a group.
Additional enforcement personnel will be on hand to ensure the rules are followed, according to Gimenez.
Hotels will expand their services to nonessential travelers on June 1. Hotels will be allowed to reopen, but the common areas will only be allowed to reopen at 50% capacity.