Juventus striker Paulo Dybala has tested positive for the coronavirus for the fourth time in six weeks, a source close to the player has told CNN.
The source said: “He is doing well now, he has no symptoms and is even training. Now he is waiting for the results of the latest two swabs.”
Dybala has to respect the healthcare system and the time it takes. He is a soccer player and doesn't get preferential treatment," the source added.
It is unclear, though, when each of Dybala’s tests took place
CNN has contacted Juventus for comment.
The Argentine striker announced on Instagram on Saturday 21 March that he and his girlfriend Oriana Sabatini had contracted Covid-19 after his first test.
On Friday, March 27, Dybala spoke to Juventus’ official YouTube account about his experience of contracting the disease: “I developed strong symptoms, but today I already feel much better.
“Now I can move better, walking and trying to train. I could hardly breathe, I couldn’t do anything after five minutes. My muscles ached. Fortunately, Oriana and I are better now.”
Dybala was one of three Juventus stars to contract the virus, along with Italian defender Daniele Rugani and French midfielder Blaise Matuidi.
The club announced earlier this month that both Rugani and Matuidi had made full recoveries after their swab tests came back with negative results.