Washington, DC, Mayor Muriel Bowser announced in a statement today that the nation's capital will is set to enter phase two of reopening on Monday.
In phase 2 of reopening:
- Nonessential retail can open at 50% capacity,
- Restaurants can have indoor dining at 50% capacity.
- Houses of worship are encouraged to hold virtual services, but are permitted to have up to 100 people, or 50% capacity. DC recommends that churches do not have choirs or singing.
- Personal services, including nail care, tattooing and waxing will be permitted with certain restrictions in place.
- Gatherings of more than 50 people are still banned.
According to the mayor's news release, the District’s reported data for June 18 includes 49 new positive coronavirus cases, bringing the District’s overall positive case total to at least 9,952.
The District reported three additional Covid-19 related deaths.