Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Giménez announced during a virtual news conference on Tuesday that restaurants can resume indoor dining at 50% capacity starting Monday.
Giménez said that this announcement comes "after consultation with our medical advisors and also from the White House Task Force."
Some of the requirements will include a maximum of six people per sitting area and six feet of space between tables, Giménez said.
Earlier on Tuesday, Carlos Hernández, the mayor of the city of Hialeah, Florida, told CNN over the phone that he directed his departments not to enforce the county's previous order.
In a video shared on his Facebook page Tuesday, Mayor Hernández said "I am asking my city employees, my departments, that we will not be enforcing in the City of Hialeah the regulations of restaurants being closed. The county can come and do that. Now I'm not going to ask these businesses or tell any business to do it, to open or not. But what I'm saying is, Hialeah cannot be part of this any longer."
Mayor Giménez responded to Mayor Hernández's comments.
"These are county rules, and if the Hialeah Mayor decides that his police force is not going to be enforcing the county rules, the county will be enforcing the county rules, because the county has jurisdiction everywhere," Giménez said.
He went on to say "the opening is not allowed until Monday. So if restaurants in Hialeah open up before Monday, they may well find a Miami-Dade County police officer there to give them a fine for violating the county rules."