There have been at least 7,005,746 cases of coronavirus in the United States and at least 203,240 people have died in the United States, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.
JHU recorded the first case of coronavirus in the United States on Jan. 21.
- 98 days later, on April 28, the US hit 1 million cases.
- 44 days later, on June 11, the US hit 2 million cases.
- 27 days later, on July 8, the US hit 3 million cases.
- 15 days later, on July 23, the US hit 4 million cases.
- 17 days later, on Aug. 9, the US hit 5 million cases.
- 22 days later, on Aug. 31, the US hit 6 million cases.
- 25 days later, on Sept. 25, the US hit 7 million cases.
Only three other countries in the world have reported more than 1 million total Covid-19 cases:
- India with 5.8 million total cases.
- Brazil with 4.6 million total cases.
- Russia with 1.1 million total cases.