There have been at least 12,019,960 cases of coronavirus in the United States, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.
The US has added about 2 million new coronavirus cases in the past 12 days.
Johns Hopkins recorded the first case of coronavirus in the United States on January 21. After that...
- 98 days later, on April 28, the US hit 1 million cases
- 44 days later, on June 11, the US hit 2 million cases
- 27 days later, on July 8, the US hit 3 million cases
- 15 days later, on July 23, the US hit 4 million cases
- 17 days later, on August 9, the US hit 5 million cases
- 22 days later, on August 31, the US hit 6 million cases
- 25 days later, on September 25, the US hit 7 million cases
- 21 days later on October 16, the US hit 8 million cases
- 14 days later, on October 30, the US hit 9 million cases
- 10 days later, on November 9, the US hit 10 million cases
- 6 days later, on November 15, the US hit 11 million cases
- 6 days later on November 21, the US hit 12 million cases
At least 255,414 people have died in the United States from coronavirus since the pandemic began.