The United States reported 131,195 current Covid-19 hospitalizations on Tuesday, setting a new record high since the pandemic began, according to the Covid Tracking Project (CTP).
This is the 35th consecutive day that the US has remained above 100,000 current hospitalizations.
According to CTP data, the highest hospitalization numbers were recorded on the following days:
- Jan. 5: 131,195 people hospitalized
- Jan. 4: 128,210 people hospitalized
- Jan. 3: 125,562 people hospitalized
- Dec. 31: 125,379 people hospitalized
- Dec. 30: 125,218 people hospitalized