There have been at least 21,007,694 total cases of coronavirus in the United States and at least 356,540 people have died from Covid-19 since the pandemic began, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.
Johns Hopkins recorded the first case of coronavirus in the United States on Jan. 21, 2020.
Seventeen other countries have reported more than 1 million total Covid-19 cases, according to Johns Hopkins.
Here's a breakdown of the countries and their total number of coronavirus cases:
- India has more than 10 million total cases
- Brazil has over 7 million total cases
- Russia has more than 3 million total cases
- France, United Kingdom, Turkey, and Italy have over 2 million total cases
- Spain, Argentina, Colombia, Germany, Mexico, Poland, Iran, Ukraine, Peru, and South Africa all have over 1 million total cases each