As more people in the United States receive a Covid-19 vaccine, the US is still seeing a surge of new Covid-19 cases, causing a strain on hospital systems.
Here's a look at where things stand in the US:
- So far this morning, there have been at least 4,624,325 vaccine doses delivered across the US.
- Of those, 614,117 doses have been administered according to the CDC.
- The US surpassed 18 million total Covid-19 cases yesterday. It took just 4 days for the country to hit this million marker. So far, the US has reached the last 4 "million milestones" every 4 to 5 days – meaning if this growth continues, there could be 20 million cases by the new year.
- The US is averaging about 215,429 Covid-19 cases per day.
- California reported nearly 40,000 daily new cases yesterday and both Texas and Florida reported over 10,000 daily new case yesterday, according to Johns Hopkins University.
- The nation is averaging at least 2,655 reported deaths a day, according to JHU. This is the highest that this metric has ever been.
- Deaths are rising in 21 states compared to this time last week, according to JHU.
- The US reported at least 115,351 hospitalizations on Monday – that is a record high, according to CTP data.
- The US is now averaging about 113,912 hospitalizations over the last 7 days, this is up 4.48% from last week.